Saturday, October 4, 2008

What's Up With Sarah Palin?

As I sat on my couch last Thursday afternoon, I noticed my TV was on. Well let’s just say, if it would have been up to me I would have watched Heroes. Some holy force beyond my control though thought it was funny to hide the remote control from me. So there I was, on my couch, watching the vice-presidential debate much to my dislike. Don’t get me wrong, I like the presidential debates but who really watches the VP debates? Well I really don’t. This time was a different story though.

To my luck I found an editorial in the New York Times that basically embodied my views of the debate. I'm no political expert or anything but in my humble opinion and pardon me if I offend you, but Sarah Palin lost. The editorial begins to talk about the many flaws that Palin exposed during the debate. Initially the article talks about how well she avoided "election-defining gaffe." From my point of view, I think its true. She rambled on about the same thing over and over again. She tried the strategy of going around in circles never answering anything to a full extent and coming back to the same place in the end of her argument.

Personally I’m not inclined to either the Democrats or Republicans, but I believe that is not the case of this article. I didn’t have to go through it to long before it seemed pretty one sided. I do agree with it, but I believe that only attacking Sarah Palin isn’t right. I would have liked some more information on Biden. After all, the article is called The Vice-Presidential Debate, not Sarah Palin crashes and burns.

That being said, I believe that article is absolutely correct. This debate shined a light on the lack of lack of experience that Plain has. Sarah Palin has little experience with how Washington works, which raises a question why, was she picked to be McCain's VP?

After finishing the article you are left with this question. This after taste really makes you question why Sarah Palin out of people? Since I am no expert, I looked in the internet for positive info on Sarah Palin and believe me I found it. So I believe it is safe to say that this article is bias.I do agree with what is says but none the less it is pretty one sided.It's a good read for any Obama supporter, which is obviously the intended audience.

No comments: