Friday, October 17, 2008

McCain and his eye

So there I was looking for a good blog article to comment on. So I went and visited AMERICAblog.com. I quickly scanned the blog and saw many of the usual headlines, Economic turmoil, Joe the plumber, the world is f%$#@ you know the usual stuff. But then I saw, possibly the best piece of news reporting I have ever laid eyes upon. “During a period of just 60 seconds, McCain blinked 104 times” I mean this really got my attention. Just as I was about to click on this article, a thought went through my mind. Why the hell do I want to read this? And it got me thinking about some stuff that I heard in my government class. Here is this blog page filled with good articles that talk about the government and the economy, they posses good maybe even vital information. Yet I am drawn to this one that talks about the blinking habits of McCain. Well I’m ashamed to admit I examined the article with fierce interest and also saw some follow up articles. Before I knew it I was tangled up in this conspiracy theory that something had happened to McCain, his left eye was being lazy, he just recently had hired a new make up artist, is McCain hiding something? What is he not telling us? Is McCain a transformer is he more than meets the eye?

This blog is obviously aimed at Obama supporters that’s for sure. There is more to this blog though. I am new to this country; I don’t have particularly any sort of favoritism to any one of the candidates. You could say I don’t really care. Hell I can’t vote, what is the point in picking one. But boy if I could vote, after reading this article I would vote for Obama. Why? Well because this little piece of media planted a seed in my mind. Now when I think of McCain I think of the guy who hides something behind his twitch. This article possesses no scientific, political or valuable information, yet it exists. Why? Simply to get people like me and brain wash them. This is exactly what I was thought in my government class. This is a useless article that distracts people from real useful information. This article exists only to plant a bias idea into the minds of people. It shows no viable evidence, it’s illogical and it’s dull. I can’t disagree with the fact that McCain has an eye disorder, but I do disagree with the fact that people use valuable time to create this type of blogs and they post time as “useful information.” Making people focus on this type of stuff when there are more important matters at play is simply irresponsible.

No comments: